Wilds and Special Winning Hands in Video Poker
There are certain special cards and winning hands that increase your chances of winning in different video poker games. We discuss some of these in this section.
In certain games like Deuces Wild, the deuces (cards with the 2-value) act as jokers.
- A Deuce in your hand increases your chances of winning.
- The Deuce card takes on the value of any of the cards and increases your chances of landing a winning combination.
The Joker card makes an appearance in certain video poker games.
- The Joker takes on the value of any of the other cards dealt to increase your chances of landing a winning combination.
- One game where you see this card is Jokers Wild.
All NetEnt video poker games have the Double Down feature.
- On your screen this figure appears in the form of the Gamble button.
- The Gamble button becomes active when you land a winning combination.
- Clicking it gives you a chance to double your wins; alternately you can lose whatever you won in that hand.
- When you click the Gamble button you get a new screen.
- You need to guess the color of the card on that screen.
- Guessing the correct color doubles your win.
- Guessing the wrong color means you lose whatever you won on the hand.
- You can use the Gamble feature 5 times consecutively in a single hand.
Some video poker games come with special hands. We discuss 2 of them seen in NetEnt games here.
- Jacks or Better: This hand is designed to increase your chances of winning.
- With this hand, you can score a win if your hand has at least a pair of Jacks.
- In a game with a joker or a special Deuce, all you need is one Jack (or Queen, King, or Ace) in your hand to land a winning combination.
- Games where you see this hand include Jacks or Better and All American.
- Kings or Better: This is another special winning hand seen in some video poker games.
- This hand allows you to win with just a pair of Kings (or Aces).
- In a game with a joker or a Deuce, you need just one King or Ace for a win.
- You see this hand in the Joker Wild video poker game.